Usain Bolt ends season early
Zurich: Sprint superstar Usain Bolt has ended his injury-plagued season early after competing in just three races.
Organisers of Thursday`s Diamond League meeting here have announced that Bolt has withdrawn from the event`s 100-metre race and will not compete again this season, reports CMC.
The decision comes a day after the Olympic champion and world record holder won a 100m race in Warsaw, clocking 9.98 seconds, the first time this year he ran a 100m race in under 10 seconds.
"It is now time to shut it down while he is healthy and injury free with a view on his preparations for the 2015 season," Bolt`s coach Glen Mills said in a statement.
His absence will be a major blow to European meet organisers.
"Usain`s body has delivered tremendous performances over the last years. But, it is a body and not a machine. If an athlete of that level and his coach feel more rest is needed, we are certainly not going to question this and fully support this decision," said Zurich meet director Patrick Magyar.
Bolt`s preparations for the season were disrupted by a foot injury. His only other appearances in 2014 were in the 4x100m relay for Jamaica at the Glasgow Commonwealth Games and a 100m exhibition race in Rio de Janeiro.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PHOTO: After KKR's loss vs SRH, Shah Rukh Khan Tweets heart-wrenching image of cheerleaders crying
- Kardashians offered USD 100 million movie deal?
- Supreme Court to hear Italian government's plea on marine today
- Aww! Nargis Fakhri is missing THESE guys and gals
- Online application process for NEET II from today. Check www.aipmt.nic.in