Usain Bolt, Fraser-Pryce win Jamaican athletics top awards
Kingston (Jamaica): Jamaica`s star sprinter Usain Bolt and Olympic 100-metre champion Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce won the Jamaican Athletics Administrative Association (JAA) top awards.
Bolt`s coach Glen Mills took the JAA Coach of the Year award Tuesday, reports Xinhua.
"It is always nice to be recognized, but none more special than the ones at home," Bolt said at the 2012 Golden Cleats Awards luncheon.
Bolt, who defended his three gold medals, 100m, 200m, 4x100m at the London Olympic Games, was targeting new world records this year.
"I have gotten every title there is to get, but it would be nice to retain my title (200m at this summer`s World Championships), so for me it`s all about running fast and trying to do great things this year," Bolt said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'