Usain Bolt, Fraser-Pryce win Jamaican athletics top awards
Kingston (Jamaica): Jamaica`s star sprinter Usain Bolt and Olympic 100-metre champion Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce won the Jamaican Athletics Administrative Association (JAA) top awards.
Bolt`s coach Glen Mills took the JAA Coach of the Year award Tuesday, reports Xinhua.
"It is always nice to be recognized, but none more special than the ones at home," Bolt said at the 2012 Golden Cleats Awards luncheon.
Bolt, who defended his three gold medals, 100m, 200m, 4x100m at the London Olympic Games, was targeting new world records this year.
"I have gotten every title there is to get, but it would be nice to retain my title (200m at this summer`s World Championships), so for me it`s all about running fast and trying to do great things this year," Bolt said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- VS Achuthanandan has a message for Kerala's new LDF government – Read
- Batla House encounter was not fake: Shivraj Patil
- Ekadanta Sankashti Chaturthi Vrat—Significance, Tithi and Timings!
- Guru Granth Sahib desecration in Faridkot: Provide information, get Rs 10 lakh from CBI - Here are details
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be announced soon