Usain Bolt, Fraser-Pryce win Jamaican athletics top awards
Kingston (Jamaica): Jamaica`s star sprinter Usain Bolt and Olympic 100-metre champion Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce won the Jamaican Athletics Administrative Association (JAA) top awards.
Bolt`s coach Glen Mills took the JAA Coach of the Year award Tuesday, reports Xinhua.
"It is always nice to be recognized, but none more special than the ones at home," Bolt said at the 2012 Golden Cleats Awards luncheon.
Bolt, who defended his three gold medals, 100m, 200m, 4x100m at the London Olympic Games, was targeting new world records this year.
"I have gotten every title there is to get, but it would be nice to retain my title (200m at this summer`s World Championships), so for me it`s all about running fast and trying to do great things this year," Bolt said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested