Usain Bolt to compete in Zurich Diamond League
Kingston (Jamaica): Sprint legend Usain Bolt has announced that he will compete at the Diamond League meeting in Zurich in August.
The Jamaican runner confirmed his appearance at the meet in a statement on the International Association of Athletics Federations’ website Monday.
Bolt says he is eager to return to Switzerland’s largest city, as he loves the electric atmosphere at the stadium.
"I am excited to go back to Zurich,” he said in a statement on the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) website.
“I love the electric atmosphere at the stadium and both the competition and the events during the week of the meeting are always extremely well-organised."
The fastest man on the planet says he will decide whether to run the longer or shorter sprint nearer to the time of the meeting August 29.
Bolt`s appearance will be his first outing after the World Athletics Championships in Moscow from August 10-18, where he will be hoping to regain the world title he lost to training partner Yohan Blake in Daegu, South Korea, in 2011.
Bolt won last year`s 200-metre at Zurich in 19.66 seconds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Religious tensions bristle in Myanmar village after mosque destroyed
- After IITs, HRD Ministry hikes fees in NITs, IISERs
- Was Test captain Virat Kohli overruled by BCCI, CAC in India coach appointment?
- Swami Prasad Maurya is a traitor: Mayawati
- Gold slips from 26-month high, down Rs 485 on fall in demand