Usain Bolt to compete in Zurich Diamond League
Kingston (Jamaica): Sprint legend Usain Bolt has announced that he will compete at the Diamond League meeting in Zurich in August.
The Jamaican runner confirmed his appearance at the meet in a statement on the International Association of Athletics Federations’ website Monday.
Bolt says he is eager to return to Switzerland’s largest city, as he loves the electric atmosphere at the stadium.
"I am excited to go back to Zurich,” he said in a statement on the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) website.
“I love the electric atmosphere at the stadium and both the competition and the events during the week of the meeting are always extremely well-organised."
The fastest man on the planet says he will decide whether to run the longer or shorter sprint nearer to the time of the meeting August 29.
Bolt`s appearance will be his first outing after the World Athletics Championships in Moscow from August 10-18, where he will be hoping to regain the world title he lost to training partner Yohan Blake in Daegu, South Korea, in 2011.
Bolt won last year`s 200-metre at Zurich in 19.66 seconds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH