Usain Bolt to compete in Zurich Diamond League
Kingston (Jamaica): Sprint legend Usain Bolt has announced that he will compete at the Diamond League meeting in Zurich in August.
The Jamaican runner confirmed his appearance at the meet in a statement on the International Association of Athletics Federations’ website Monday.
Bolt says he is eager to return to Switzerland’s largest city, as he loves the electric atmosphere at the stadium.
"I am excited to go back to Zurich,” he said in a statement on the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) website.
“I love the electric atmosphere at the stadium and both the competition and the events during the week of the meeting are always extremely well-organised."
The fastest man on the planet says he will decide whether to run the longer or shorter sprint nearer to the time of the meeting August 29.
Bolt`s appearance will be his first outing after the World Athletics Championships in Moscow from August 10-18, where he will be hoping to regain the world title he lost to training partner Yohan Blake in Daegu, South Korea, in 2011.
Bolt won last year`s 200-metre at Zurich in 19.66 seconds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug