Usain Bolt to join London Anniversary Games
London: One year after winning three gold medals at the 2012 Olympics, sprint king Usain Bolt will return to the Olympic stadium for the July 26-28 London Anniversary Games.
The Jamaican superstar will compete in the London leg of the IAAF Diamond League for the first time since 2009.
"I`m looking forward to coming back to the UK, especially with it being a year since winning three gold medals in the Olympic Stadium. The crowd was amazing at the Games, and I hope they will be out again in their numbers at the end of July," said Bolt.
"I haven`t competed at the London Diamond League since 2009, but it has always been a great meet with lots of Jamaican support, it almost feels like running at home."
Bolt will compete in the 100m July 26 and 4x100m July 27.
He will be in London alongside 28 other medallists of last year`s Summer Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE