Usain Bolt to race 100 metres on major Buenos Aires avenue
Buenos Aires: Olympic champion Usain Bolt will run a 100 metres exhibition race on a track laid down on the iconic 9 de Julio Avenue in central Buenos Aires in December, local media reported on Tuesday.
The Jamaican world sprint champion, winner of six Olympic gold medals from the 2008 and 2012 Games, will take part in the race on December 7 or 13, said the daily La Nacion`s sports website.
"Bolt is very excited about visiting us. He will be coming with three other Jamaican runners," Argentine entrepreneur Guillermo Marin was quoted as saying on www.canchallena.com.ar.
Marin also said Serena and Venus Williams, winners of multiple grand slam tennis tournaments, would play an exhibition match in Argentina in December but gave no further details
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Hot scoop! THIS actress has replaced Alia Bhatt in Rohit Shetty's next?
- Argentina coach Edgardo Bauza keen on reducing Lionel Messi's workload
- Amarinder Singh makes fresh offer to Navjot Singh Sidhu, says he has Congress in his DNA
- Rio 2016: After golden Olympic run, Justin Rose returns to regular job
- Manohar Parrikar asks Navy Chief to probe Scorpene-class submarines documents leak