Usain Bolt to run in Zurich Diamond League
Zurich: Sprint legend Usain Bolt is among six Jamaicans confirmed for the Diamond League meeting in Zurich Thursday.
Bolt will compete in the men`s 100 metres, his first race since the Moscow World Championships.
The six-time Olympic champion stole the spotlight at the Moscow World Championships by completing a triple gold-medal performance.
Bolt will race against three other Jamaicans -- Nesta Carter, the 100-metre bronze medallist at the Moscow World Championships, Nickel Ashmeade and Kemar Bailey Cole -- in the short sprint.
The race also includes American Justin Gatlin, who won the silver medal behind Bolt in the 100 metres at the Moscow World Championships.
Jamaican sprint queen Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce is also down to compete in Zurich, her first outing after creating history in Moscow.
Fraser-Pryce became the first woman in world championships history to sweep the sprint events, when she anchored Jamaica to gold in the 4x100-metre relay final to finish the championships with three gold medals, just like Bolt.
Fraser-Pryce will again come face-to-face with the big Ivory Coast sprinter Murielle Ahoure.
The other Jamaican down to compete in Zurich is 400-metre hurdler Kaliese Spencer, who takes part in her second outing since the World Championships and will again face the Moscow gold medallist Zuzana Hejnova of the Czech Republic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre