Usain Bolt wins 150 meter exhibition race at Copacabana beach
Washington: The two-time reigning Olympic champion over 100 and 200m Usain Bolt has won 150-m exhibition race on Copacabana beach.
The sprint star cruised to victory in 14.42 seconds, falling short of the world-best mark of 14.35 he set on the streets of Manchester in 2009.
The Jamaican headed off fellow West Indian Daniel Bailey of Antigua (14.88) and third-placed Brazilian Bruno Barrios (14.91).
Before Bolt set the record in 2009, the previous best over 150m was the 14.80 recorded by Italy`s Moscow Olympics 200m champion Pietro Mennea in 1983.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- 'Sarbjit' eyeing on Oscars, confirms producer
- Excessive childbirth fear can lead to post-partum depression
- Indian Sports Fraternity on Lionel Messi's decision to quit Argentina. See their reaction on Twitter!
- Formula 1: Bernie Ecclestone planning to scrap 'unequal' prize money structure
- Top Chinese envoy visits Vietnam as South China Sea tension rises