Uzbek lifter wins gold at men`s World Championships
Wroclaw (Poland): Uzbekistan lifter Ruslan Nurudinov won the gold medal at the men`s 105-kg category competition of the World Weightlifting Championships.
The 21-year-old managed 190kg in the snatch, and then lifted 235kg in the clean and jerk to end the competition with a total of 425kg Sunday, reports Xinhua.
David Bedzhanyan of Russia won the silver with a total of 405kg, and the bronze medal went to Poland`s lifter Bartlomiej Bonk who finished with 404kg.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble