Veteran sports journalist Arnab Ghosh dead
Kolkata: Former sports journalist Arnab Ghosh, passed away Wednesday night following a brief illness, the Calcutta Sports Journalist Club (CSJC) said Thursday in a statement. He was 78.
Ghosh, a chronic asthma patient, suffered a heart attack and breathed his last at a city nursing home. He is survived by wife and son.
Starting his journalistic career with Amrita Bazar Patrika in mid-1960s, he joined The Hindu`s Kolkata bureau in 1977.
A passionate football lover, Ghosh covered many national and international football and other important sports events for The Hindu and Sportstar in eastern India.
CSJC president S. Sabanayakan, who was his colleague in the Hindu, from 1995, condoled Ghosh`s death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news