Veteran sports journalist Pulin Das dies at 96
Guwahati: Veteran Assam sports journalist Pulin Das passed away on Wednesday at the age of 96 at a private hospital after prolonged illness, family sources said.
Born on November 1, 1918, Das was probably the first recognised sports journalist from the state. He was also a well-known sportsman, sports event organiser and football referee.
In a statement, Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi expressed his grief and condolence to the family.
"Das` demise is a big loss to the field of sports in Assam. His work and life will continue to inspire the new generation," he added.
Gogoi said Das has contributed immensely throughout his life to enhance the sports field in the state.
Many distinguished personalities and a number of sports organisation in the state have expressed their condolence on Das` demise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP workers abusing Dayashankar's wife, daughter: BJP
- Kabali movie review: Rajinikanth is the driving force in this otherwise trite tale!
- AN-32 aircraft with 29 aboard missing; Indian Air Force intensifies search operation
- Milo Yiannopoulos Twitter ban: WikiLeaks threatens to start its own micro-blogging service
- Critically rare white African lion cub born in Texas zoo- See pic!