Veteran sports journalist Pulin Das dies at 96
Guwahati: Veteran Assam sports journalist Pulin Das passed away on Wednesday at the age of 96 at a private hospital after prolonged illness, family sources said.
Born on November 1, 1918, Das was probably the first recognised sports journalist from the state. He was also a well-known sportsman, sports event organiser and football referee.
In a statement, Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi expressed his grief and condolence to the family.
"Das` demise is a big loss to the field of sports in Assam. His work and life will continue to inspire the new generation," he added.
Gogoi said Das has contributed immensely throughout his life to enhance the sports field in the state.
Many distinguished personalities and a number of sports organisation in the state have expressed their condolence on Das` demise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- SC rejects review petition of Telangana for division of assets
- VIDEO! Lionel Messi wins UEFA 'Goal of the Season' award for scoring this beauty
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra's mushy love in 'Baar Baar Dekho' new still is just so aww!
- Bodo outfits to restart statehood movement on August 30
- 92 paise insurance premium for train travellers from August 31