Veteran sports journalist Pulin Das dies at 96
Guwahati: Veteran Assam sports journalist Pulin Das passed away on Wednesday at the age of 96 at a private hospital after prolonged illness, family sources said.
Born on November 1, 1918, Das was probably the first recognised sports journalist from the state. He was also a well-known sportsman, sports event organiser and football referee.
In a statement, Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi expressed his grief and condolence to the family.
"Das` demise is a big loss to the field of sports in Assam. His work and life will continue to inspire the new generation," he added.
Gogoi said Das has contributed immensely throughout his life to enhance the sports field in the state.
Many distinguished personalities and a number of sports organisation in the state have expressed their condolence on Das` demise.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev