Veterans badminton nationals from Feb 19
Mumbai: Yesteryear national men`s doubles champions Leroy D`Sa and Sanjay Sharma, along with former national women`s singles champion Manjusha Sahasrabudhe, will take part in the Yes Bank 37th Veterans National Badminton Championships here from February 19-24.
The tournament, carrying a total prize fund of Rs 3 lakh, has attracted over a thousand entries from all over the country and is organised by Evolution Sport at the Bombay Gymkhana, which is to host the finals, and the Cricket Club of India`s courts, it was announced at a media conference today.
A total of 32 events would be contested for, in both singles and doubles for men and women, in the age groups of plus 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65 and 70.
"The singles winners would get Rs 6000 while the doubles winners would receive Rs 4000," said competitor and former national-level player Shirish Nadkarni.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!