Veterans badminton nationals from Feb 19
Mumbai: Yesteryear national men`s doubles champions Leroy D`Sa and Sanjay Sharma, along with former national women`s singles champion Manjusha Sahasrabudhe, will take part in the Yes Bank 37th Veterans National Badminton Championships here from February 19-24.
The tournament, carrying a total prize fund of Rs 3 lakh, has attracted over a thousand entries from all over the country and is organised by Evolution Sport at the Bombay Gymkhana, which is to host the finals, and the Cricket Club of India`s courts, it was announced at a media conference today.
A total of 32 events would be contested for, in both singles and doubles for men and women, in the age groups of plus 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65 and 70.
"The singles winners would get Rs 6000 while the doubles winners would receive Rs 4000," said competitor and former national-level player Shirish Nadkarni.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan