Vijay, Heena clinch gold medals in shooting nationals
New Delhi: London Olympics silver medallist Vijay Kumar today clinched the gold medal in the men`s rapid fire pistol event at the 56th National Shooting Championship here.
While Vijay shot 572 and 25 in the finals to win the top prize in his event, Punjab`s Heena Sidhu bagged the gold in the women`s air pistol competition after she shot 383 + 99.5 in the qualifiers and finals respectively.
Harpreet Singh (569 + 21) of Navy clinched the silver in the men`s rapid fire pistol event ahead of Army`s Pemba Tamang who shot 572 and 18.
In Heena`s event, Annu Raj Singh won the silver with scores of 383 + 96.8 while the bronze went to Priyanka Susvirkar of Railways who shot 378 + 100.8.
In the 3-position men`s event, Surendra Singh Rathod of Army won the gold with scores of 1158 + 97.9.
The silver went to Sanjeev Rajput who scored 1154 + 97.6 while the bronze was won by Chain Singh of Army for shooting 1150 + 100.4.
Aribam Dicky Sharma of Army bagged the gold in the 3- position junior men`s event. The silver went to Brahma Puri of Gujarat while H Sanahal Singh of Army had to be satisfied with a bronze.
In the air pistol junior women`s meet, Shreya Gawande of Maharashtra won the gold, with Punjab`s Malaika Goel and MP`s Surabhi Pathak winning the silver and bronze respectively.
Gawande won yellow metal in the air pistol youth category too, with Goel of Punjab and Haryana`s Manjeet finishing second and third respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh