Vijay, Heena clinch gold medals in shooting nationals
New Delhi: London Olympics silver medallist Vijay Kumar today clinched the gold medal in the men`s rapid fire pistol event at the 56th National Shooting Championship here.
While Vijay shot 572 and 25 in the finals to win the top prize in his event, Punjab`s Heena Sidhu bagged the gold in the women`s air pistol competition after she shot 383 + 99.5 in the qualifiers and finals respectively.
Harpreet Singh (569 + 21) of Navy clinched the silver in the men`s rapid fire pistol event ahead of Army`s Pemba Tamang who shot 572 and 18.
In Heena`s event, Annu Raj Singh won the silver with scores of 383 + 96.8 while the bronze went to Priyanka Susvirkar of Railways who shot 378 + 100.8.
In the 3-position men`s event, Surendra Singh Rathod of Army won the gold with scores of 1158 + 97.9.
The silver went to Sanjeev Rajput who scored 1154 + 97.6 while the bronze was won by Chain Singh of Army for shooting 1150 + 100.4.
Aribam Dicky Sharma of Army bagged the gold in the 3- position junior men`s event. The silver went to Brahma Puri of Gujarat while H Sanahal Singh of Army had to be satisfied with a bronze.
In the air pistol junior women`s meet, Shreya Gawande of Maharashtra won the gold, with Punjab`s Malaika Goel and MP`s Surabhi Pathak winning the silver and bronze respectively.
Gawande won yellow metal in the air pistol youth category too, with Goel of Punjab and Haryana`s Manjeet finishing second and third respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog