Vijay is world No. 2 in 25m Rapid Fire Pistol
New Delhi: London Olympics silver medallist Vijay Kumar has added another feather to his cap as he achieved the world number 2 ranking in the latest list issued by the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF).
Vijay has 2871 points compared to top-ranked Pupo Leuris` 3690 -- he won the gold medal at the Games.
Bronze winner Ding Feng of China was fourth with 2699 points, a place behind Russia`s Alexei Klimov who has 2856 to his name.
Reitz Christian of Germany completed the top-5 with 2475 points.
Two other Indians -- Pemba Tamang (159 points) and Gurpreet Singh (76) -- were ranked 23rd and 34th respectively in the list.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders in Tehran today
- IPL 2016: Virat Kohli breaks two T20 world records with unbeaten 54 against Delhi Daredevils
- Fashion shows can boost Goa tourism – Here’s how
- India's first-ever indigenous 'space shuttle' RLV-TD successfully launched from Sriharikota
- NEET: Health Minister JP Nadda meets President Pranab Mukherjee to explain why Union Cabinet took ordinance route