Vijay kumar appointed advisor of Delhi`s new shooting range
New Delhi: The capital has got a new state-of-the-art 10-meter shooting range, which will have London Olympics silver medallist marksman Vijay Kumar as its advisor.
The shooting range has eight electronic firing points and is well equipped with Olympic standard air rifles and air pistols.
"Olympic silver medallist Vijay Kumar has been appointed as advisor to the TopGun Shooting Academy and will be visiting our ranges whenever time permits him," said shooter Shimon Sharif, who had launched the academy in 2006.
"It will be a great chance for beginners to interact with the Olympic medallist. Vijay has already visited the new range twice," he added.
The academy has been managing multiple shooting ranges in Delhi NCR ever since its launch. The academy has introduced more than 1000 people to shooting sports. It has also conducted short clinics by star shooters Gagan Narang and Samaresh Jung in the past.
"We hope to set up one such range in every major colony of Delhi and in other cities as well. The idea is to make shooting sport very accessible to the masses. Our shooting website indianshooting.Com has been introducing many people from all walks of life to shooting sports and now the same can join our range to get trained," Sharif said.
"Students and adults interested in shooting sports can now just walk in to any of the ranges and get started without much formalities and investments. Once you register, you will get an access to all the Olympic standard equipment and will get to shoot with the best in the business," he added.
Each of the ranges will have a dedicated coach and an assistant coach, and it will also offer a free trial to anyone wanting to just try it out.
It will not just end at providing training, the students will also be assisted to participate in various shooting competitions in India and will also be taken abroad to take part in professional competitions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling