Vijender met drug peddler?
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Chandigarh: Olympian Vijender Singh, who has been linked in the recovery of 26 kg of heroin worth Rs 130 crore from an NRI`s house in Zirakpur, is believed to have met the drug peddler several times, as per the reports.
However, Vijender denied any link with the massive drug haul as he said "I am shocked. I am in Mumbai right now for work. My friends dropped me at the airport in my wife`s car. I don`t know how it reached outside that Zirakpur flat."
However, reports suggest that the Asian Games gold-medallist met the Canada-based international drug peddler Anoop Singh Kahlon several times.
Boxer, Ram Singh is believed to have facilitated the meeting between them.
Police have already arrested 6 people including Anoop Singh Kahlon in connection with the case.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?