Vijender met drug peddler?
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Chandigarh: Olympian Vijender Singh, who has been linked in the recovery of 26 kg of heroin worth Rs 130 crore from an NRI`s house in Zirakpur, is believed to have met the drug peddler several times, as per the reports.
However, Vijender denied any link with the massive drug haul as he said "I am shocked. I am in Mumbai right now for work. My friends dropped me at the airport in my wife`s car. I don`t know how it reached outside that Zirakpur flat."
However, reports suggest that the Asian Games gold-medallist met the Canada-based international drug peddler Anoop Singh Kahlon several times.
Boxer, Ram Singh is believed to have facilitated the meeting between them.
Police have already arrested 6 people including Anoop Singh Kahlon in connection with the case.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'