Vijender met drug peddler?
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Chandigarh: Olympian Vijender Singh, who has been linked in the recovery of 26 kg of heroin worth Rs 130 crore from an NRI`s house in Zirakpur, is believed to have met the drug peddler several times, as per the reports.
However, Vijender denied any link with the massive drug haul as he said "I am shocked. I am in Mumbai right now for work. My friends dropped me at the airport in my wife`s car. I don`t know how it reached outside that Zirakpur flat."
However, reports suggest that the Asian Games gold-medallist met the Canada-based international drug peddler Anoop Singh Kahlon several times.
Boxer, Ram Singh is believed to have facilitated the meeting between them.
Police have already arrested 6 people including Anoop Singh Kahlon in connection with the case.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country