Vijender not let off the hook; police focused on nabbing drug racketeers
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Mohali: Olympic medallist Vijender Singh has not been let off the hook in the Mohali drug haul but the authorities are not too keen to question the boxer either.
According to reports quoting sources, Vijender’s direct link with the case is yet to be established and the police are more interested in arresting the drug racketeers.
"We will be summoning Vijender for questioning. However, at present, the focus of our investigation is to catch other smugglers in this case," Fatehgarh Sahib SSP Hardyal Singh Mann said.
So far seven people have been arrested after the recovery of 26 kg heroin worth Rs 130 crore from the house of alleged drug peddler and NRI Anoop Singh Kahlon in Chandigarh.
The Haryana police too is keeping a tab on Vijender after his name cropped up in the case, official sources said adding that a SP-level officer of crime branch was in constant touch with the Punjab police in this case.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- 143 of 300 girls cleared JEE under Udaan scheme: Smriti Irani
- Uber and Ola accused by Karnataka of violating rules, vehicles seized
- Will free jailed Pakistan doctor who tracked Osama bin Laden: Donald Trump
- Federation Cup National Athletics: Lalita Babar sets national mark, Sudha Singh joins her in 2016 Rio Olympics 3000m steeple
- Delhi Speaker nominates 13 AAP MLAs as members of civic bodies