Vijender not let off the hook; police focused on nabbing drug racketeers
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Mohali: Olympic medallist Vijender Singh has not been let off the hook in the Mohali drug haul but the authorities are not too keen to question the boxer either.
According to reports quoting sources, Vijender’s direct link with the case is yet to be established and the police are more interested in arresting the drug racketeers.
"We will be summoning Vijender for questioning. However, at present, the focus of our investigation is to catch other smugglers in this case," Fatehgarh Sahib SSP Hardyal Singh Mann said.
So far seven people have been arrested after the recovery of 26 kg heroin worth Rs 130 crore from the house of alleged drug peddler and NRI Anoop Singh Kahlon in Chandigarh.
The Haryana police too is keeping a tab on Vijender after his name cropped up in the case, official sources said adding that a SP-level officer of crime branch was in constant touch with the Punjab police in this case.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video