Vijender Singh has been untraceable: NADA
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Boxer Vijender Singh has been untraceable, NADA Director General Mukul Chaterjee said on Tuesday.
In an interview given to a leading news channel the NADA Director General said that NADA will conduct the tests but will strictly follow the protocol set by WADA.
The NADA official also said that they have tried to contact the pugilist numerous times but have not had any success and that his phone has been switched off all this while. He mentioned that Vijender has missed three drug tests in the last one month.
Meanwhile, Punjab Police have also filed a fresh application against the Olympic Bronze medalist.
Vijender’s name had cropped up in a massive drug haul Where the police had recovered 26 kg of heroin, estimated around Rs Rs 130 crore, from NRI Kahlon`s house in Shivalik Vihar in Zirakpur on March 7. The car of Vijender`s wife Archana was found by police near the NRI`s house.
Anoop Singh Kahlon, the NRI arrested in the drug haul, had confessed to have sold heroin to Vijender Singh and his sparring partner Ram Singh
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj