Vijender Singh has been untraceable: NADA
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Boxer Vijender Singh has been untraceable, NADA Director General Mukul Chaterjee said on Tuesday.
In an interview given to a leading news channel the NADA Director General said that NADA will conduct the tests but will strictly follow the protocol set by WADA.
The NADA official also said that they have tried to contact the pugilist numerous times but have not had any success and that his phone has been switched off all this while. He mentioned that Vijender has missed three drug tests in the last one month.
Meanwhile, Punjab Police have also filed a fresh application against the Olympic Bronze medalist.
Vijender’s name had cropped up in a massive drug haul Where the police had recovered 26 kg of heroin, estimated around Rs Rs 130 crore, from NRI Kahlon`s house in Shivalik Vihar in Zirakpur on March 7. The car of Vijender`s wife Archana was found by police near the NRI`s house.
Anoop Singh Kahlon, the NRI arrested in the drug haul, had confessed to have sold heroin to Vijender Singh and his sparring partner Ram Singh
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan