Vijitha holds 3 shot lead on day 3 of 8th NCR Cup
New Delhi: Despite shooting an over-par round, Sri Lanka`s Vijitha Bandara extended his lead to three shots after penultimate round of the 8th NCR Cup at the Delhi Golf Club, here on Thursday.
Bandara shot one-over 73 to take his total to 217, three shots clear of India`s Samarth Dwivedi, who fired a two-under 70 for a total of 220.
Prince Kajotia was third, followed by compatriot Amit Kumar, returned a card of four-over 76 for a total of 224.
India?s Pratap Atwal, whose best score on this course is seven-under, returned with two-under 70 for the total of 225 in a tie along with Dhruv Sheoran who shot four-over 76 for the total of 225.
Currently number one on Sri Lanka amateur circuit, Bandara started the day with a bogey on the first hole which led to lapse in concentration but he did some breathing exercise on the 2nd tee box to hit back to back birdies on 2nd, 3rd and 5th.
He was level par after front nine but bogeys on 11th and 17th and a birdie finish got him one-over in total.
Not too impressed with putting, Bandara said, "I could have been three or four under today if I would not have missed short putts on first, 8th, 11th and 14th. I was also confused at some of the holes as my mind was saying something and my caddy was saying something else."
"I closed my eyes on the 18th green and counted from 20 to 1 to balance my mind but still I missed the eagle by six inch. I will do my breathing exercise in the evening so that I can start fresh tomorrow to clinch the title."
Two Pakistani players Sardar Murad and Amir Mehmood and Indian K. K. Bajoria withdrew from the tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui