WADA slams UCI`s decision on Lance Armstrong
Beijing: The World Anti-Doping Agency criticised the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) for disbanding an independent investigation commission into doping and called it "deceitful".
WADA Wednesday said in a statement that cycling`s world governing body "has again chosen to ignore its responsibility" by disbanding the commission examining UCI`s handling in the Lance Armstrong doping case.
The UCI announced Tuesday that they shut down the commission for lack of support from WADA and the US Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) whose probe led to seven time Tour de France Armstrong`s fall from grace late last year.
Instead, the UCI planned to set up a "Truth and Reconciliation Commission (TRC)" that it claimed in the Tuesday statement was supported by WADA President John Fahey.
"This is not only wrong in content and process, but again deceitful. The fact is that WADA was awaiting a reply to the correspondence when the UCI release was delivered," said WADA.
"WADA has not and will not consider partaking in any venture with UCI while this unilateral and arrogant attitude continues."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick