Walcott to lead Trinidad in IAAF Worlds
Port of Spain (Trinidad): Reigning Olympic men’s javelin champion Keshorn Walcott will lead a 29-member Trinidad and Tobago team at the 14th IAAF World Outdoor Championships in Moscow Aug 10-18.
Walcott, one of 16 men selected, is the lone male field athlete on the team, despite missing last month’s National Championships due to an ankle injury.
London Olympic double bronze medallist Lalonde Gordon will be stepping down to do the men’s 200m and will also be part of the 4x400m relay team.
Other London medallists Richard Thompson (men’s 100m/4x100m), Keston Bledman (men’s 100m/4x100m), Emmanuel Calendar (men’s 4x100m), Deon Lendore (men’s 400m/4x400m) and Jarrin Solomon (men’s 400/4x400m) are also part of the squad.
Former World Championships men’s 400m bronze medallist Renny Quow is also included for the men’s 4x400m with 2010 World Junior Champion Jehue Gordon listed to run the men’s 400m hurdles.
Gordon holds the second fastest time in the world of 48.00 seconds set in his victory at the Monaco Diamond League leg last week.
The 29-member team is due to leave Thursday for a ten day training camp in Finland before heading over to Russia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report