We want a copy inquiry report of Pratima`s death: AAI chief
New Delhi: Expressing shock over the untimely death of India international Pratima Boro, Archery Association of India president V K Malhotra on Saturday demanded that the inquiry report into the tragic incident be sent to him "at the earliest".
Young Boro (23) allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself from the ceiling fan in her room at the Army Sports Institute (ASI) near Pune yesterday.
"AAI will like to have the inquiry report from the concerned authority at the earliest. The ASI is having an inquiry and I have written to them that the full report of the inquiry be sent to me," Malhotra told PTI.
"Since the incident happened at the Army Sports Institute, they have to do the inquiry but we want to see the full report so that we also come to know why this (suicide) has happened. It is a very sad incident," Malhotra, who is also the acting president of the IOA, said.
In a statement, Malhotra further said,"the death of Pratima is a great loss for the entire archery fraternity in the country."
He said Pratima was one of the rising star of Indian archery and the sport has lost a great talent.
"I pray to God to give the bereaved family the strength, courage and fortitude to bear this irreparable loss," Malhotra said while offering his condolences to her bereaved family members and Assam Archery Association.
Pratima, a railways` employee and hailing from Assam, was training at the ASI as part of the national camp. She had represented India in international meets held in Mexico and Shanghai, both in 2009.
She started her career with TATA Archery Academy, Jamshedpur and spent about four years there before joining Indian Railways.
She represented the country at all level competitions including sub-junior, junior and senior.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- IPL 9 VIDEO: When Shikhar Dhawan, Yuvraj Singh became Gabbar and taxi driver
- First Talgo train trial on Bareilly-Moradabad rail route on May 29
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against AAP, BJP over Delhi power crisis
- Uttarakhand Board Class 12th Examination Results 2016: (uaresults.nic.in) Uttarakhand Board (UK) Class 12th Results 2016, Uttarakhand Class 12 Results 2016 to be declared today
- There was no intention to show disrespect to Stalin or DMK, clarifies Jayalalithaa