Why are players scared to talk to Prajakta, asks Jwala
Noida: Jwala Gutta defended her current doubles partner Prajakta Sawant over her dispute with coach Pullela Gopichand and wondered why the country`s other shuttlers were not interecting with the Mumbai player on Tuesday.
"What is happening with her is really bad. If she has had a tiff with someone then why are the other players scared to talk to her?" Jwala said today (Tuesday).
"She is a good player and if she wasn`t she would have never been in the Indian team. But she was and suddenly she was taken out of the team. And the reasons were not good enough," added Jwala.
Prajakta had last year alleged that Gopichand had mentally harassed her by refusing her entry into the national coaching camp held at his academy in Hyderabad.
Jwala said she will stick to Sawant for the time being and made it clear that she has no plans of once again forming a combo with old partner Ashwini Ponnappa.
"I have no plans of changing any partner. For now, it is Prajakta. I will see how things will turn out in the future and will act accordingly," Jwala said at a badminton clinic organised for students of the Genesis Global School here.
Jwala and Ashwini last played together at the London Olympics. After that Jwala took a break while Ashwini found a new partner in Pradnya Gadre.
The pair of Jwala and Ashwini triumphed in the 2010 Commonwealth Games, winning the gold medal, before clinching a bronze at the 2011 World Championship in London.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- Delhi HC turns down plea challenging LG Jung's authority
- DNA: Blow to Kejriwal, Delhi High Court backs LG
- IIT Madras bans Dalit students forum for 'criticising' PM Modi
- DNA: Exploitation of migrant workers in Qatar
- Radioactive nuclear medicine leak detected at Delhi's IGI Airport
- IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani hits back, challenges Rahul Gandhi to a debate
- MHA notification: SC issues notice to Delhi govt
- Protests outside IIT-Madras against ban on students' group
- Railways may hike AC class fares from June 1, 2015
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 29, 2015
- Special: Heart-wrenching tales of elderly people in old age homes
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere
- Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared today soon
- BSEB (biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in): Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared tomorrow on May 30
- Dangerous levels of toxins in Delhi's air as heat and dust intensify
- Maggi noodles controversy: Case to be filed against Nestle in UP today
- Arrival of Monsoon over Kerala delayed by 2-3 days: Met Department
- US formally removes Cuba from terror blacklist in landmark move
- Top 5 places to eat in Delhi University's campuses
- If Congress was pro-poor, why does poverty still exist in India, asks PM Narendra Modi
- Govt committed to One Rank, One Pension: PM Narendra Modi
- Check biharboard.ac.in / biharboard.bih.nic.in for Bihar School Examination Board BSEB Inter Arts Result 2015