Will Anand lose his World Championship title to Carlsen today?
Zee Media Bureau
Chennai: On Thursday, playing with whites, Viswanathan Anand suffered his third loss at the hands of Magnus Carlsen in the World Chess Championship.
There is just half a point of difference between 22-year-old Carslen and world championship which at the moment looks certain and the Norwegian can seal the title today itself.
READ THE MATCH REPORT HERE»
Anand went into the ninth game with a two-game deficit and later revealed that there was nothing else he could do but go for the kill in the ninth game on Thursday.
"In general, the match situation did not leave me with much of a choice. I had to give it a shot, I saw a couple of moments where I could exit but I decided to give it a shot. It seemed very dangerous for black," the Anand said after the match.
He said that excitement led him to commit a blunder on the 28th move.
"In a sense it was irresponsible or silly but I spent about 40 minutes on this move and then I suddenly saw his response. And for a second I got excited with this knight move (the blunder) and simply missed. As soon as I played the knight move I saw what I had done," the defending champion said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- When Peter Mukherjea met and fell madly in love with Indrani