Will Kalmadi be removed as IOA president today?
New Delhi: In a bid to remove Suresh Kalmadi as the president of the Indian Olympic Association (IOA), sports minister has directed the IOA to take immediate action regarding the post of IOA president on Tuesday evening.
According to reports, the IOA board members have started an informal meeting at 6 pm today to decide the fate of IOA chief Suresh Kalmadi, who has been remanded in CBI custody for eight days by a Delhi Court earlier today.
It has been learnt that the sports ministry had asked the IOA members to meet informally to decide the new IOA president.
Sources have also claimed that Kalmadi could be removed from his post by a no-confidence motion during the meeting.
Talking to the reporters IOA vice-president Trilochan Singh had confirmed that they would meet in the evening following a directive from the sports ministry.
He said that it was an unprecedented event but did not confirm that the meeting would elect the new president of the IOA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'