Will Kalmadi be removed as IOA president today?
New Delhi: In a bid to remove Suresh Kalmadi as the president of the Indian Olympic Association (IOA), sports minister has directed the IOA to take immediate action regarding the post of IOA president on Tuesday evening.
According to reports, the IOA board members have started an informal meeting at 6 pm today to decide the fate of IOA chief Suresh Kalmadi, who has been remanded in CBI custody for eight days by a Delhi Court earlier today.
It has been learnt that the sports ministry had asked the IOA members to meet informally to decide the new IOA president.
Sources have also claimed that Kalmadi could be removed from his post by a no-confidence motion during the meeting.
Talking to the reporters IOA vice-president Trilochan Singh had confirmed that they would meet in the evening following a directive from the sports ministry.
He said that it was an unprecedented event but did not confirm that the meeting would elect the new president of the IOA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch