Will Kalmadi be removed as IOA president today?
New Delhi: In a bid to remove Suresh Kalmadi as the president of the Indian Olympic Association (IOA), sports minister has directed the IOA to take immediate action regarding the post of IOA president on Tuesday evening.
According to reports, the IOA board members have started an informal meeting at 6 pm today to decide the fate of IOA chief Suresh Kalmadi, who has been remanded in CBI custody for eight days by a Delhi Court earlier today.
It has been learnt that the sports ministry had asked the IOA members to meet informally to decide the new IOA president.
Sources have also claimed that Kalmadi could be removed from his post by a no-confidence motion during the meeting.
Talking to the reporters IOA vice-president Trilochan Singh had confirmed that they would meet in the evening following a directive from the sports ministry.
He said that it was an unprecedented event but did not confirm that the meeting would elect the new president of the IOA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj