Will Lance Armstrong confess to doping on Oprah Winfrey show?
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Austin (Texas): Disgraced cyclist Lance Armstrong has reportedly confessed to using performance enhancing drugs during an interview with Oprah Winfrey on Monday.
In his first interview since the whole doping scandal was exposed by the USADA, Armstrong was expected to put in an honest confession to Oprah, as suggested by his text on Saturday: “I told her (Winfrey) to go wherever she wants and I’ll answer the questions directly, honestly and candidly. That’s all I can say.”
Following the interview, Oprah tweeted: “Just wrapped with @lancearmstrong. More than 2 ½ hours. He came READY!” This added further anticipation for the show which airs on Thursday, fuelling rumours that he has, indeed, finally come clean on the issue.
Other media reports affirm that Armstrong also apologized to staff members at the Livestrong Foundation, which he had founded, before going to the interview. While he apologized for letting the staff down and putting the foundation’s name through the mud given the controversy surrounding his name, he didn’t exactly confess to using drugs there. He did add that he would continue to fight to ensure that the foundation’s goals and aims would bear fruition and his situation wouldn’t come in the way.
The cyclist had been stripped of his phenomenal 7 Tour de France titles last year following a USADA report which exposed, in the words of chief executive Travis Tygart, “the most sophisticated, professionalized and successful doping program that sport has ever seen.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!