Will Punjab police approach court to get Vijender Singh’s blood samples?
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Chandigarh: Following Vijender Singh’s refusal to provide his blood and hair samples, the Punjab Police is mulling the option to approach the court.
The Olympian has reportedly submitted his blood samples with the Haryana Police. His actions aren’t earning him any brownie points with the Punjab Police and they are confused as to why they cannot question him directly.
The star boxer whose name cropped up in the Mohali drug haul was questioned by the Punjab police at the Haryana police headquarters in Panchkula.
DNA quoted sources as saying that "very intriguingly topmost Punjab police officers have been directing the Fatehgarh Sahib district police how to go about dealing with Vijender" when the other accused are being interrogated directly.
Vijender is also a DSP in the Haryana police.
"Even on Monday, the orders to record the statement of Vijender in the Haryana police headquarters came from the top. This is not the way a suspected criminal is dealt with,” a district police officer was quoted as saying by the daily.
The names of Vijender and his friend Ram Singh had emerged after the recovery of 26 kg of heroin worth Rs.130 crore was recovered from Kahlon`s residence in Zirakpur.
Besides Kahlon six others including his driver Kulwinder Singh alias Rockey, Kuldip Singh (father of Rockey), Sandeep Singh (brother-in-law of Rockey), Gabbar Singh, Manpreet Singh Gill alias Mani and a Ludhiana-based Pharma company employee Sunil Katyal have been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog