Winning start by Indian cueists
Al Fujairah, UAE: Indian boys had successful outings in the IBSF World Under-21 Snooker Championship here with all three entries registering victories in their respective league matches.
Ashutosh Padhe beat Alex Pace (Australia) 4-3 after trailing 1-3 in his league match Saturday while Sahil Nayyar overcame A. Abdalhamid (Egypt) 4-2 with breaks of 57 and 60 and Dhwaj Haria blanked W. Almouakh (Syria) 4-0 aided by a break of 44.
In the girls section, however, Bangalorean Varsha Sanjeev squandered a 2-1 lead to go down 2-3 to Jessica Woods of Australia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'