Winning start for Madhya Pradesh Hockey Academy
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Hockey Academy women began the defence of their title with 2-1 win over Chandigarh in the Hockey India Sub-Junior Men & Women National Championship, here on Wednesday.
MPHA opened scoring through Neelu in the third minute while Preeti Dubey scored the other goal in the 19th minute. Saroj scored the only goal for Chandigarh in the 17th minute in the Pool A match at Aish Bagh Hockey Stadium.
In Pool B, Haryana registered a 13-0 win over Andhra Pradesh. Haryana scored through Udita (1, 39 min), Navpreet Kaur (10, 61 min), Reet (17 min), Navneet Kaur (31, 38, 57 min), Ritu (22 min), Pooja (34 min), Nancy (62 min), Sonika (65 min) and Manpreet (68 min).
In another Pool B match, Jharkhand beat The Hockey Maharashtra 7-1. Jharkhand scored through Kanti Pradhan (2, 26 min), Promila Soreng (8, 21 min), Priyanka Topno (33 min), Supriya Mundu (50 min) and Own Goal (60 min) while The Hockey Maharashtra scored their only goal through Nisha Rani (39 min).
In the men’s category, defending champion Odisha drew 4-4 against Jharkhand in the Pool A match. Goal scorers for Odisha were Sudhir Mundu (9 min), Mahendra Toppo (51 min), Amit (54 min) and Jospeh Nag (65 min) while Nitin Mukesh (16 min), Sujar Minz (40 min), Amit (70 min) and an Own Goal (12 min) helped Jharkhand to level the score.
In the other match of Pool A, The Hockey Maharashtra defeated Karnataka 3-1. Sumit Prasad scored two goals for The Hockey Maharashtra (2, 28 min) and Aniket Gaurav (55 min) while Shashi Dung Dung scored the only goal for Karnataka (27 min).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family