Wizards hoping to tame rampaging Rhinos
Lucknow: Hosts Uttar Pradesh Wizards will have their task cut out when they take on the rampaging Ranchi Rhinos in their third league encounter of the Hockey India League here on Sunday.
Unbeaten so far in the competition, the Sahara India Pariwar-owned Wizards came back from a goal down to hold league leaders Delhi Waveriders to a 1-1 draw on Saturday.
However, the Rhinos are expected to pose a far bigger threat as they boast of a formidable forwardline.
The Rhinos have dominated both their opening encounters against Jaypee Punjab Warriors and Mumbai Magicians and the way they toyed with the Mumbai defence in the first half on Friday would make any team nervous.
The visitors` biggest asset is their midfield`s ability to control the pace of the match and it would be interesting to see if the Wizards manage to come up with a game plan to counter that threat.
Despite managing a draw against the Waveriders, the Wizards did not really impress in their ability to push forward and penetrate the opposition`s citadel.
The penalty corner conversion rate is also a cause of worry for the Wizards and captain VR Raghunath, who is also their drag-flick expert, would have to come up with an improved performance on Sunday.
The Rhinos, on the other hand, would be expecting their defence to once again come up with a compact performance.
The Rhinos` strikers would be more than ready to pounce on any opportunity presented to them upfront.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM