Woman athlete flunks dope test during Sr. National Ch`ship
New Delhi: A medal-winning woman shot-putter at last month`s 53rd National Interstate Senior Athletics Championship has flunked the dope test, conducted by National Anti Doping Agency (NADA).
NADA has not named the athlete but said her blood samples contained banned substance Methylhexaneamine.
"The result management process has revealed that a woman athlete (shotput) reported with adverse analytical finding for Methylhexaneamine (MHA) following her urine dope sample collected in the said championship at Chennai. She is also a medal winner in this event," NADA Director General, Mukul Chatterjee said in a statement.
NADA conducted a total of 153 dope tests during the Championship from June 4-7, 2013 at Chennai.
Out of these samples, the laboratory analytical findings in respect of 151 samples have been received.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara