Woman athlete flunks dope test during Sr. National Ch`ship
New Delhi: A medal-winning woman shot-putter at last month`s 53rd National Interstate Senior Athletics Championship has flunked the dope test, conducted by National Anti Doping Agency (NADA).
NADA has not named the athlete but said her blood samples contained banned substance Methylhexaneamine.
"The result management process has revealed that a woman athlete (shotput) reported with adverse analytical finding for Methylhexaneamine (MHA) following her urine dope sample collected in the said championship at Chennai. She is also a medal winner in this event," NADA Director General, Mukul Chatterjee said in a statement.
NADA conducted a total of 153 dope tests during the Championship from June 4-7, 2013 at Chennai.
Out of these samples, the laboratory analytical findings in respect of 151 samples have been received.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India