Woman athlete flunks dope test during Sr. National Ch`ship
New Delhi: A medal-winning woman shot-putter at last month`s 53rd National Interstate Senior Athletics Championship has flunked the dope test, conducted by National Anti Doping Agency (NADA).
NADA has not named the athlete but said her blood samples contained banned substance Methylhexaneamine.
"The result management process has revealed that a woman athlete (shotput) reported with adverse analytical finding for Methylhexaneamine (MHA) following her urine dope sample collected in the said championship at Chennai. She is also a medal winner in this event," NADA Director General, Mukul Chatterjee said in a statement.
NADA conducted a total of 153 dope tests during the Championship from June 4-7, 2013 at Chennai.
Out of these samples, the laboratory analytical findings in respect of 151 samples have been received.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!