Woman athlete flunks dope test during Sr. National Ch`ship
New Delhi: A medal-winning woman shot-putter at last month`s 53rd National Interstate Senior Athletics Championship has flunked the dope test, conducted by National Anti Doping Agency (NADA).
NADA has not named the athlete but said her blood samples contained banned substance Methylhexaneamine.
"The result management process has revealed that a woman athlete (shotput) reported with adverse analytical finding for Methylhexaneamine (MHA) following her urine dope sample collected in the said championship at Chennai. She is also a medal winner in this event," NADA Director General, Mukul Chatterjee said in a statement.
NADA conducted a total of 153 dope tests during the Championship from June 4-7, 2013 at Chennai.
Out of these samples, the laboratory analytical findings in respect of 151 samples have been received.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'