Women boxers have choice of skirts or shorts at London Games
Los Angeles: Women boxers will have the choice of wearing skirts or shorts in the ring at this year`s London Olympics, the sport`s world governing body said on Sunday.
A spokesman for the International Amateur Boxing Association (AIBA) said the executive committee would vote "in the next few days" on the proposed solution to what has become a controversial issue.
AIBA president Ching-Kuo Wu of Taiwan told a world conference on women and sport in Los Angeles on Saturday that female fighters would not be forced to wear skirts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Want to book DDA community halls? Now, you can do it in 15 minutes - Know how
- Five dead, 20 injured as truck collides with tanker in UP's Lucknow - Know what happened
- BJP MP Maheish Girri to file defamation case against Arvind Kejriwal?
- Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo sends Portugal to pre-quarters - All details here
- Salman Khan's 'raped woman' controversy: Here's what Nawazuddin Siddiqui has to say about his 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'