Women hockey squad announced for World League Round 3
New Delhi: Midfielder Ritu Rani will lead an 18-member senior Indian women`s team in the FIH Hockey World League Round 3 (Semi-Finals) to be played at Rotterdam from June 13-23.
The team will play their opening match against New Zealand on June 13 followed by Belgium (14th) and Germany (16th).
Chanchan Devi has been named as Ritu`s deputy for the tournament.
The Indian team has qualified for this competition in February this year by winning the World League Round 2 tournament in Delhi. The FIH World League is a qualification tournament for the 2014 Women`s World Cup.
India is placed in Pool B with New Zealand, Germany and Belgium while hosts The Netherlands, Korea, Japan and Chile are placed in Pool A.
Goalkeepers: Savita, Rajni Etimarpu.
Defenders: Deep Grace Ekka, Kirandeep Kaur, Namita Toppo, Sushila Chanu, Sunita Lakra, Manjeet Kaur.
Midfielders: Ritu Rani, Chanchan Devi, Navjot Kaur, Vandana Katariya, Lily Chanu.
Forwards: Anupa Barla, Poonam Rani, Roselin Dung Dung, Lilima Minz, Ritusha Arya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing