Women`s sports centre opened in Saudi Arabia for first time
Manama: The first dedicated sports centre for women has been formally opened in Saudi Arabia, in a move which heralds more steps for women`s empowerment in the country.
The centre in the Eastern Province city of Khobar offers training programmes that include physical fitness, karate, yoga and weight loss as well as special activities for children.
Owner of the sports centre Hana Al Zuhair said that the licence to allow women to practice sports is a start for women`s investments in sports, adding that women can now look forward to having partnerships with local and international trainers.
Stating that some of the Saudi trainers hired by the club have been trained abroad, Al Zuhair further said that the centre did not have any problem getting the licence .
Al Zuhair added that she is confident that the centre will have a strong impact on the lives of Saudi women who engage in physical activities without a carefully planned programme or in the presence of experts.The report further said that the centre is also set to work with girls` schools after they have been allowed to have physical education classes by the authorities.
Hailing the opening of the sports centre, head of Women`s Workshops in the Eastern Province Shuaa Al Duhailan said that such centres will re-energise women and enhance their work performances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India