World and Olympic ski champion Lindsay Vonn’s knee surgery a success
London: Lindsay Vonn, a two-time world champion and an Olympic gold medallist in Alpine Ski, has had a successful knee surgery after suffering a horrific crash at the Alpine Ski World Championship in Austria last Sunday.
Vonn, 28, tore her anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments at Schladming, Austria last week.
She was airlifted to a nearby hospital and later flew back to Colorado in a private jet rumored to be that of boyfriend and golf superstar Tiger Woods.
Vonn’s surgeon, Dr. Bill Sterett, a U.S. Ski Team physician, performed the surgery and later said the surgery was a success and the champion skier was recovering comfortably.
Lindsay will miss the remainder of the ski season and is expected to be out for eight months.
Lindsay will be racing against time to be fit in time for the 2014 winter Olympics to be held in Sochi, Russia in February.
Vonn is rumored to be dating Tiger Woods, 37, after being spotted in Antigua and Austria with the now divorced golfer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest