World Badminton Championships: PV Sindhu loses in semis, settles for bronze
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: India’s last bid PV Sindhu crashed out of the World Badminton Championship. In her semifinal match Sindhu lost in straight sets to Ratchanok Intanon 21-10, 21-13.
Ratchanok won the game within 35 minutes.
After losing the first set Sindhu started playing cautiously but failed to apply her smashes, which is her biggest strength. Though her dreams haven been dashed but this Hyderabadi girl has proved that it’s just the beginning and there is a lot to come in the near future.
The 18-year old is the first Indian woman to win a medal in the Championships. In 1983, Prakash Padukone had won an individual bronze for India in the World Championships.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad