World Badminton Championships: PV Sindhu loses in semis, settles for bronze
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: India’s last bid PV Sindhu crashed out of the World Badminton Championship. In her semifinal match Sindhu lost in straight sets to Ratchanok Intanon 21-10, 21-13.
Ratchanok won the game within 35 minutes.
After losing the first set Sindhu started playing cautiously but failed to apply her smashes, which is her biggest strength. Though her dreams haven been dashed but this Hyderabadi girl has proved that it’s just the beginning and there is a lot to come in the near future.
The 18-year old is the first Indian woman to win a medal in the Championships. In 1983, Prakash Padukone had won an individual bronze for India in the World Championships.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi