World Badminton Championships: PV Sindhu loses in semis, settles for bronze
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: India’s last bid PV Sindhu crashed out of the World Badminton Championship. In her semifinal match Sindhu lost in straight sets to Ratchanok Intanon 21-10, 21-13.
Ratchanok won the game within 35 minutes.
After losing the first set Sindhu started playing cautiously but failed to apply her smashes, which is her biggest strength. Though her dreams haven been dashed but this Hyderabadi girl has proved that it’s just the beginning and there is a lot to come in the near future.
The 18-year old is the first Indian woman to win a medal in the Championships. In 1983, Prakash Padukone had won an individual bronze for India in the World Championships.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened