World Chess Championship: Anand vs Carlsen, game 3 – Preview
Zee Media Bureau
Chennai: After a day’s break, India`s Vishwanathan Anand will be up against Norway`s Magnus Carlsen to defend his title as world chess champion, in the third game of the World Chess Championship.
The third game will be played on Tuesday at 3:00 pm (IST), with Carlsen playing white. Both the players have one point each after two games.
The second game of the 2013 FIDE World Chess Championship match between the two players ended in 25 moves on Sunday which was nine more than Saturday’s opening game.
In the third game, 43-year-old Anand would be keen to come up with a new strategy against Carlsen, who was hailed as the `lighting kid` during his childhood days.
Anand and Carlsen will play a total of 12 games till November 26 at a five-star hotel in Chennai.
The player who scores 6.5 points wins the title.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information