World Cup Kabaddi: NADA collects samples of 81 players
Chandigarh: The teams of National Anti Doping Agency (NADA) collected samples of 81 players of all the teams who are taking part in the ongoing third World Cup Kabaddi.
"The teams of NADA acted swiftly by serving a short notice and collected all the samples on a single day on the sidelines of league matches being played at Rupnagar, on Friday," Sikander Singh Maluka, Senior Vice Chairman, Organising Committee of the Cup, said today, according to a Punjab Government release here.
Maluka said that the Indian kabaddi players (both men and women) gave samples for the second dope test, as their first dope test was conducted during the trails.
He said that the teams of NADA yesterday served a short time notice to the organising committee of the World Cup to summon the rest of teams at Rupnagar so that their samples for the dope test could be collected.
He also said that the NADA team randomly selected minimum 4 or 5 players of each of the men`s teams and two players of each of the women`s teams for the samples.
"The samples would be tested in the laboratories duly recognised by WADA," Maluka said.
Maluka further added that the samples for the dope test for the rest of the players would also be collected in the due course of time during the Cup.
The third edition of World Cup Kabaddi, in which 23 teams, 16 men and 7 women from across six continents are taking part, started on December 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Narsingh Yadav doping row: NADA hearing concludes, judgement either on Saturday or Monday
- Theresa May: Will she prove to be the second Iron Lady UK needs after Brexit?
- Political parties slam CM Mufti's 'wasn't aware of Burhan's whereabouts' remarks
- Nathan Lyon joins Muttiah Muralitharan and Harbhajan Singh in the 200-test-wicket club
- Lawless UP: Dalit couple hacked to death for Rs 15 in Mulayam Singh Yadav's bastion Mainpuri