World highest altitude swimming race kicks off
Beijing: The fourth International Limit Challenging Race of Winter Swimming across Yellow River started in China`s Qinghai Province Sunday.
Being hosted in Guide County at an altitude of 2,200 metres in Tibetan Plateau, the world`s highest altitude swimming race has attracted 44 swimmers from France, Belarus, Iceland, Russia, Slovakia, Italy, Spain, Ukraine and host China.
Low water temperature, high altitude, thin oxygen and long swimming distance all blended well, making Guide an ideal place to host international winter swimming race.
The race has attracted swimming enthusiasts from home and abroad every year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell
- Hello hotness! Deepika Padukone looks kickass in an all blue satin grace!
- Salman Khan ‘raped woman’ remark controversy: Actor evades media, refuses to say ‘sorry’ – Watch
- Amazing! Ahmedabad hotel made out of discarded containers set to woo customers