World highest altitude swimming race kicks off
Beijing: The fourth International Limit Challenging Race of Winter Swimming across Yellow River started in China`s Qinghai Province Sunday.
Being hosted in Guide County at an altitude of 2,200 metres in Tibetan Plateau, the world`s highest altitude swimming race has attracted 44 swimmers from France, Belarus, Iceland, Russia, Slovakia, Italy, Spain, Ukraine and host China.
Low water temperature, high altitude, thin oxygen and long swimming distance all blended well, making Guide an ideal place to host international winter swimming race.
The race has attracted swimming enthusiasts from home and abroad every year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad