World highest altitude swimming race kicks off
Beijing: The fourth International Limit Challenging Race of Winter Swimming across Yellow River started in China`s Qinghai Province Sunday.
Being hosted in Guide County at an altitude of 2,200 metres in Tibetan Plateau, the world`s highest altitude swimming race has attracted 44 swimmers from France, Belarus, Iceland, Russia, Slovakia, Italy, Spain, Ukraine and host China.
Low water temperature, high altitude, thin oxygen and long swimming distance all blended well, making Guide an ideal place to host international winter swimming race.
The race has attracted swimming enthusiasts from home and abroad every year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre