World No.1 Neil Robertson knocked out of India Open by Ding Junhui
New Delhi: World No.1 Neil Robertson suffered a shock defeat against China`s Ding Junhui to crash out of the Indian Open World Ranking snooker tournament, here on Thursday.
Robertson did not look in his elements and lost 2-4 to World No.4 Junhui in the first quarterfinal of the 300,000 pound event.
It was Junhui who set the ball rolling with a break of 72 to pocket the first frame 96-4. He went on to win the second frame with a 52-clearance to take the 2-0 lead.
Robertson regrouped his resources quickly and reigned supreme on the green baize with fluent breaks of 86 and 104 in the next two frames to level the issue at 2-2.
When it looked like Robertson would walk away with the honours, Junhui turned the game on its head and came up with breaks of 85 and 91 in the fifth and sixth frames respectively to cap off an impressive win over his much-fancied opponent.
Talking about the match, Junhui, who had defeated Robertson in the Shanghai Open recently, said, "I played well today. I took my chances against him and came up with some good clearances.
"The conditions are good here. The tables are not at all sticky. I am looking forward to my semi-final tomorrow," Junhui added.
In the other quarter-final clashes, Robbie Williams beat Anthony McGill 4-0, while Stephen McGuire won a hard-fought battle against Michael White 4-3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla