World Peace signs with Knicks
Washington: Former National Basketball Association (NBA) defender of the year Metta World Peace has signed a two-year deal with the New York Knicks.
World Peace, whose given name was Ron Artest, confirmed the deal Monday at the Knicks` summer league contest in Las Vegas, reports Xinhua. Details of the contract were not released.
World Peace, 33, averaged 12.4 points, 5.0 rebounds and 1.5 assists in 75 NBA games, with the Los Angeles Lakers last season. He went unclaimed in the amnesty waiver process and became a free agent on Sunday. He was named the NBA`s Defensive Player of the Year in 2003-04.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!