World Peace signs with Knicks
Washington: Former National Basketball Association (NBA) defender of the year Metta World Peace has signed a two-year deal with the New York Knicks.
World Peace, whose given name was Ron Artest, confirmed the deal Monday at the Knicks` summer league contest in Las Vegas, reports Xinhua. Details of the contract were not released.
World Peace, 33, averaged 12.4 points, 5.0 rebounds and 1.5 assists in 75 NBA games, with the Los Angeles Lakers last season. He went unclaimed in the amnesty waiver process and became a free agent on Sunday. He was named the NBA`s Defensive Player of the Year in 2003-04.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000