World Snooker: Mark Allen fights back to win against Day
Haikou (China): Defending Champion Mark Allen scored a 5-2 win over Ryan Day on the second day of the Snooker Haikou World Open here Tuesday.
Allen, looking forward to advance to the next round, was challenged by Day in the first round.
In the first two frames, Day played well and got a leg up against his opponent Allen who did not get himself going quickly enough.
But the next five frames became a one-man show by Allen. After getting back into the match in the third and fourth frames, Allen won three frames in a row and came back to seal the contest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown