Wrestlers clinch 3 gold medals in South Asian Games
Dhaka: Indian wrestlers started their
campaign with a bang, clinching all three three gold medals up
for grabs in the 11th South Asian Games here today.
Pradeep Kumar knocked down Pakistani opponent Mohammad
Salman in the 66kg event for the gold at the National Kabaddi
Sorat Chandra Ray (Bangladesh) and Roshan Indika (Sri
Lanka) took the bronze medals in this category.
In the 84kg category, Rajeev Sharma dominated the ring as
he defeated Afghanistan`s Toryalai Sadeqi to bag India`s
Mohammad Mijanur Rahman (Bangladesh) and Usman Shahid
(Pakistan) received the bronze medals.
In the 120kg category, Hitesh reigned supreme to fetch
the country the third gold in wrestling, beating Nepal`s
Satendra Prasad Yadav.
Bangladesh`s Najmul Haque and Mohammad Taseem of Pakistan
took the bronze medals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?