Wrestlers clinch 3 gold medals in South Asian Games
Dhaka: Indian wrestlers started their
campaign with a bang, clinching all three three gold medals up
for grabs in the 11th South Asian Games here today.
Pradeep Kumar knocked down Pakistani opponent Mohammad
Salman in the 66kg event for the gold at the National Kabaddi
Sorat Chandra Ray (Bangladesh) and Roshan Indika (Sri
Lanka) took the bronze medals in this category.
In the 84kg category, Rajeev Sharma dominated the ring as
he defeated Afghanistan`s Toryalai Sadeqi to bag India`s
Mohammad Mijanur Rahman (Bangladesh) and Usman Shahid
(Pakistan) received the bronze medals.
In the 120kg category, Hitesh reigned supreme to fetch
the country the third gold in wrestling, beating Nepal`s
Satendra Prasad Yadav.
Bangladesh`s Najmul Haque and Mohammad Taseem of Pakistan
took the bronze medals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi