Wrestlers strike gold at Commonwealth Championships
New Delhi: The Indian men`s Greco Roman wrestling team notched up a rich haul of seven gold, five silver and two bronze medals at the Commonwealth Championships held in Johannesburg from December 5 to 7.
The women`s team ended runner-up in the event by winning two gold, four silver & five bronze.
Earlier, the freestyle men`s team won the champions trophy with seven gold, four silver and three bronze medals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi to launch solar-powered boats in Varanasi today, visit to Ballia also on cards
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Director of Delhi's Fire Dept to visit hill state today, govt to press MI-17 choppers; at least 6 dead
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court