You & We Can defeat cancer: Yuvraj Singh
Ranchi: Yuvraj Singh on Tuesday launched a free Cancer Detection Centre in the city and urged people not to associate the dreaded disease with death.
"In people`s mind (if there is) cancer, he/she will die and won`t recover. But I think (one should go) door-to-door, talk to the people and make them aware about the check-up. Spread the message among your friends of the free detection centre," Yuvraj said.
Launching YouWeCan Cancer Screening initiative, Yuvraj emphasised on the importance of early detection to control the menace of cancer.
"People are aware about my battle with cancer and my resolve to win it, and live a normal life like all. I am very happy to see the initiative reaching out to Jharkhand in a very short span of time," he said.
Stating that he had the firm belief that "You & We together can fight cancer", Yuvraj said he would be extremely happy if this initiative of cancer screening makes a difference to people and save lives.
To a query whether he has any plans of treating the poor free of cost, Yuvraj said they would decide on it in future, but now it was only detection.
Apollo Gleneagles Cancer Hospital has joined hands with YouWeCan founded by Yuvraj to organise mass cancer screening programmes across various locations in the eastern region.
The Pune Warriors player is here to play against Kolkata Knight Riders in a IPL match tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot