You & We Can defeat cancer: Yuvraj Singh
Ranchi: Yuvraj Singh on Tuesday launched a free Cancer Detection Centre in the city and urged people not to associate the dreaded disease with death.
"In people`s mind (if there is) cancer, he/she will die and won`t recover. But I think (one should go) door-to-door, talk to the people and make them aware about the check-up. Spread the message among your friends of the free detection centre," Yuvraj said.
Launching YouWeCan Cancer Screening initiative, Yuvraj emphasised on the importance of early detection to control the menace of cancer.
"People are aware about my battle with cancer and my resolve to win it, and live a normal life like all. I am very happy to see the initiative reaching out to Jharkhand in a very short span of time," he said.
Stating that he had the firm belief that "You & We together can fight cancer", Yuvraj said he would be extremely happy if this initiative of cancer screening makes a difference to people and save lives.
To a query whether he has any plans of treating the poor free of cost, Yuvraj said they would decide on it in future, but now it was only detection.
Apollo Gleneagles Cancer Hospital has joined hands with YouWeCan founded by Yuvraj to organise mass cancer screening programmes across various locations in the eastern region.
The Pune Warriors player is here to play against Kolkata Knight Riders in a IPL match tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh