Young Rajasthan shooter bags four medals at Hague meet
Jaipur: Young Rajasthan markswoman Apurvi Chandela has bagged four medals in the recently concluded 37th edition of the three-day Intershoot Championship at the Hague, Netherland held from February 6-8.
Chandela was participating in the Air Rifle Women`s Category. As many as 28 countries had participated in this prestigious shooting event.
One day (6 February) one, she bagged individual Gold in the first match (414.6+208.9) while in the second she won individual bronze (414.2+185.4) and a Team Gold medal (1232.5) along with veteran Suma Shirur and Neha Chaphekar.
On the third day (8 February), Apurvi won a?Silver medal(414.3+204.2).
Apurvi, who was the National Champion in 2012, said that it was a tough competition as many Olympians had participated as a preparation for Olympics in 2016.
However, she is satisfied with her performance and is now preparing for the next Asian Championship and the World Cup, according to a press release here today.
Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore was the first Indian shooter from Rajasthan who won gold medals in two world shooting championship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital