Youngster Nithish shines in 10m air rifle event
Pune: Young P Ajaey Nithish of Tamil Nadu surged ahead in the men`s 10m air rifle event in the SEED Gun for Glory Shooting Championship here on Monday.
The Tamil Nadu shooter is followed by Rudrappa V Pattar of Karanataka with local lad Prashant Rashinkar lying in the third position. The finals will be held on the concluding day of the championship on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, the Maharashtra women shooters were in a comfortable position to sweep the women`s 10m air rifle event after the initial rounds. Currently, Sheetal Mohite is in the lead with state-mates Tillotama Shinde and Gayatri Nilesh Pawashkar in hot pursuit at the Shiv-Chattrapati Sports Complex in Balewadi.
However, Nithish was the most impressive performer of the day, leading the 10m air rifle event in the men`s junior category. The youngster is followed by Rahul Singh Faujdar of Rajasthan and local lad Dhananjay Rajendra Patil in the second and third place respectively.
The championship is being organised by London Olympic bronze medallist Gagan Narang`s `Gagan Narang Sports Promotion Foundation` and Gun for Glory Shooting Academy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past