Pranab to talk to Pawar over Eden impasse
Kolkata: Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee on Sunday said that he would speak to ICC president Sharad Pawar about the impasse over holding the India-England World Cup cricket match at the Eden Gardens here.
"(Cricket Association of Bengal) president Jagmohan Dalmiya came to me yesterday. I had a talk with him. I am not familiar with the matter so much. I will, however, talk to Sharad Pawar," Mukherjee told reporters here.
"Any problem about holding the match will have to be resolved by them," Mukherjee said without elaborating.
Dalmiya, after a meeting with his CAB colleagues, headed straight to Mukherjee`s residence yesterday, but had declined to talk to the media.
On Thursday, the ICC ruled out Kolkata as a host venue after its inspection team deemed the Eden Gardens unprepared and expressed concerns about various facilities in the stadium being ready in time for the February 27 game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you