Mishra and Sudhindra barred from playing club matches
Indore: Tainted cricketers Mohnish Mishra and Taduri Sudhindra banned by the BCCI after being caught in a sting operation were predictably not allowed to take part in a domestic T-20 tournament starting from Tuesday, by the Indore Division Cricket Association (IDCA).
"We have received information from the Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association (MPCA) about the continuation of ban imposed on them following a sting operation by a news channel on the issue of match fixing. Therefore, both of them are not allowed to take part in the J N Bhaya Memorial Inter-Division T-20 tournament," IDCA secretary Amitabh Vijaywargiya told reporters.
The news channel had conducted a sting operation during the same tournament in Madhya Pradesh last year, in which, it was purportedly shown that Deccan Chargers` Sudhindra had agreed to bowl a no-ball in lieu of monetary benefits, sources said.
However, keeping in mind the incident of spot-fixing, the organisers have made all possible arrangements to prevent the recurrence of such incidents and have even banned carrying mobile phones by cricketers in the dressing room.
MPCA had also written a letter to BCCI in this regard and the latter may send an anti-corruption unit here for keeping any eye on the tournament, Vijaywargiya said.
The IDCA will also keep a watch on the players in the hotels also through CCTV cameras.
Vijaywargiya said that IDCA has made a provision of Rs one crore for organising this six-day long domestic T-20 tournament, in which, teams from Narmadapuram, Sagar, Rewa, Bhopal, Jabalpur, Gwalior and BHEL will take part.