India vs England, Mumbai Test, Day 2: Statistical highlights
Mumbai: Statistical highlights on the second day of the second cricket Test between India and England, here on Saturday.
• Cheteshwar Pujara has totalled 382 runs in three innings, including two centuries, at an average of 382.00 in the present rubber. Only Rahul Dravid has managed better average than Pujara in a Test series for India - 432.00 (432 runs) in the two-Test series against Zimbabwe in India in 2000-01.
• Ravichandran Ashwin`s 68 off 114 balls is his second best score in Tests.
• Graeme Swann became the 14th bowler to complete 200 wickets for England in Tests. He is the second England spinner to achieve the distinction. Derek Underwood was the first English spinner to accomplish the feat - 297 at an average of 25.83 in 86 Tests.
• Swann became the 16th spinner to ahieve the feat - 202 at an average of 29.41 in 48 Tests.
• Kevin Pietersen`s superb unbeaten 62 off 85 balls is his fifth fifty against India - his 28th in Tests. The said knock is his third fifty apart from a hundred in India in Tests.
• Pietersen, in the course of his above knock, has completed 3,000 runs in Tests away from homes, totalling 3008 at an average of 43.59 in 42 Tests.
• Alastair Cook (991 runs at an average of 47.19 in 13 Tests) needs nine runs to become the second player to amass 1,000 runs in Tests in 2012. Australia`s captain, Michael Clarke is the top run-scorer this year - 1280 runs at an average of 128.00 in eight games.
• With 304 runs at an average of 152.00, Cook became the first batsman to manage 300 runs in the series for England.
• Jonathan Trott has scored just 0, 17 and 0 in the current series. His only fifty in his last eight innings is 63 against South Africa at Lord`s in August this year. Thanks to his below average performance, Trott`s career average fell below 50 - 48.08.
• Trott is averaging just 29.82 in nine Tests in the sub-continent - 507 runs, including a hundred and three fifties.
• Monty Panesar (5/129) has registered his first instance of five wickets in an innings against India - his eleventh in Test Cricket.
• Panesar has produced two other instances of five-wicket hauls in the sub-continent - against Pakistan.
• Cook and Pietersen has produced his third highest partnership (110 - unbroken) for England against India in India.