India vs England 2013: 3rd ODI- Statistical Highlights
Ranchi: Statistical highlights of the third one-day international between India and England here on Saturday.
• Virat Kohli has become the 12th Indian player to complete 4,000 runs or more in ODIs - 4028 at an average of 50.35 in 96 games.
• Virat (77 not out off 79 balls) has posted his 22nd fifty in ODIs - his 25th innings of 50-plus in a winning cause (12 centuries and 13 fifties).
• Kohli has averaged 60.46 while chasing in ODIs, amassing 2600 in 53 innings. His tally includes eight hundreds and 14 fifties.
• Kohli has been adjudged the Man of the Match 13th times in ODIs. His previous award against England was for posting an unbeaten 112 at Feroz Shah Kotla on October 17, 2011.
• India won the game with 131 balls to spare - their biggest in terms of balls remaining against England in ODIs, obliterating their victory by four wickets with 123 balls remaining at Jaipur on October 15, 2006.
• India`s well-deserved seven-wicket victory is their 45th in 84 matches against England - success per cent 56.79.
• Joe Root (39) has posted his highest score in ODIs.
• England (155) have registered their third lowest total against India in ODIs - their lowest is 125 at Jaipur on October 15, 2006.
• Ravindra Jadeja (3/19) has registered his second best bowling figures against England in ODIs,next only to the four for 33 at Eden Gardens on October 25, 2011.
• Virat Kohli, during his match-winning knock, has completed his 4,000 runs in 93 innings - the second quickest in ODIs, next only to 88 by West Indian, Vivian Richards.
• Ranchi has become the 42nd ODI venue in India.
• With his 76th victory under his captaincy, Dhoni has emulted Sourav Ganguly`s feat in ODIs.